We made a simple Indian-spiced cauliflower soup for dinner yesterday, inspired by this recipe. It is very simple to make and quite delicious, so we will probably make it again. We added a can of chickpeas for protein.
We had about 1/2 of the soup left over. The obvious thing to do is to have leftover soup for dinner tonight. Instead I made us a Shakshuka out of it for breakfast. Simple and delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dump 1/2 a recipe of Indian spiced cauliflower soup into a 10 inch cast iron skillet. (Or however much fills 2/3 of the skillet.)
- Add a can of diced / crushed tomatoes.
- Heat through on low-medium heat, stirring a few times.
- Tear a thick slice of crusty bread into 1” pieces.
- Add the bread to the soup and stir once more. Add more bread if it’s still very liquid.
- Turn off the flame, make 4 depressions in the soup, and crack an egg in each of the depressions.
- Slide the skillet into the center of the oven.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the eggs look white but are still very wobbly (they will continue to cook once out of the oven).
- Serve right away with some chopped cilantro and a piece of nice bread.